Okay, so I have been hounding Kenneth to replace the front door threshold since we moved in. The wood had rotted out from underneath and every time I swept I removed dirt from there. Anyways, he finally gets up the nerve to do it & we start taking the door off to remove the threshold and the door frame comes off with it pretty much crumbling away. OOPS! So here come the "I told you so" we have termites to boot. Well, we go to home Depot to buy a new door frame and we both know we are in way over our heads to figure this out so Thank God we have a friend who used to build houses he comes over and saves us. But we still need a storm door and we now have to do a termite treatment. We already called Orkin and Terminix the latter was cheaper so when we round up some cash after Christmas we will be dealing with that. The good thing is that our friend offered to help us replace our windows too, when we buy them :) So the good thing is when they inspected they said it looks like the termites are just at the front door not all over the house but still needs to be treated. God is good folks, this could've been alot worse!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment